J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
1103 Kaliste Saloom Road #300
Lafayette, LA 70508
Phone: (337) 456-3282
Monday–Thursday : 8 a.m.–4:45 p.m. Friday : 8 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
The Patient Experience
There are many aspects of having cosmetic surgery in the Baton Rouge and Lafayette, LA area that will be managed by Dr. Duplechain and his staff. There are also a few items or procedures that you, as a patient, may assist with in order to ensure that your experience and procedure are positive and exactly what you have planned for.
Dr. J. Kevin Duplechain and his staff want your entire experience to be pleasant and comfortable. They look forward to helping you turn your aesthetic goals into a reality. If you would like to learn more about Dr. Duplechain or what to expect from your surgery, request a consultation online or call our office at (337) 456-3282.
During the initial consultation, a pre-operative visit will be scheduled to allow you to ask any questions you may have, as well as receive consents, prescriptions, and a detailed explanation of your procedure. This is performed both by Dr. Duplechain, and his nurse coordinators. Although you will receive specific and detailed instructions from Dr. Duplechain during your consultation and pre-operative visit, the following are some general rules to follow and expect:
- Patients should not eat past midnight the night before the scheduled procedure.
- Please arrive on time. The success of your procedure involves many people including nurses, the anesthesiologist and office personnel, as well as other patients.
- Patients are asked to wear comfortable clothing that will button or zip up the front.
- Please refrain from wearing make-up and jewelry to the procedure. Clothing will be secured, but please bring a small overnight bag if an overnight stay at LSSH is planned.
- Patients are asked to continue on schedule with any medications they currently take, except for products such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, and vitamin E. A specific list of these types of blood thinners which may cause unnecessary bleeding during your procedure will be provided.
- All prescribed medications should be reviewed at the time the procedure is scheduled.
- Patients are asked to provide the name of their designated driver before entering surgery. Obviously, no patient will be allowed to leave without a proper attendant; however, it is not necessary for the attendant or driver to be present during the procedure.
- Patients are required to have adult supervised care for 24 hours after surgery.
The recovery process and duration will vary from patient to patient and will also depend on the procedure performed. Following anesthesia, patients are observed for a minimum of 2 hours before being discharged to home or to Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital (LSSH) for a planned overnight stay. Some procedures, such as abdominoplasty, require an overnight hospital stay by the patient. The day of the initial post- operative visit may vary depending on the type of procedure performed. Dr. Duplechain is always available by phone for any questions that you may have throughout the duration of your recovery. Patients undergoing surgical procedures will be prescribed any necessary antibiotics and/ or pain medication. Please remember to follow Dr. Duplechain’s recommendations and do not self -prescribe medications as these may be harmful.Back to Top