Many women search for plastic surgery procedures that will help them improve their breast shape as well as overall body proportions. Women visit Dr. J. Kevin Duplechain for breast augmentation in Lafayette, LA from Baton Rouge, Alexandria, Lake Charles and beyond for the fuller, shapelier breasts they desire. While breast implants are a time-tested and popular method for breast enhancement, new technology is paving the way for breast enhancement using your own tissue. Now, Dr. Duplechain can improve your body contours while simultaneously increasing your breast size with breast augmentation using fat transfer or the traditional implant surgery.
Dr. Duplechain and his staff look forward to helping you turn your aesthetic goals into a reality. If you would like to learn more about breast enhancement or any other procedures we offer, request a consultation online or call our office at (337) 326-5158.
Breast augmentation performed by Dr. Duplechain can provide many benefits for women, including:
- Improved body contours: Although the surgery addresses only the breasts, the results of breast augmentation can bring the proportions of the entire body into harmony.
- Fuller breasts with or without implants: Although many people believe implants are the only way to get larger breasts, Dr. Duplechain also offers fat transfer for a softer, subtler alternative to breast implants for his patients in Lafayette, LA.
- A natural appearance: The overwhelming majority of Dr. Duplechain's breast augmentation patients emphasize their desire for results that look and feel as natural as possible. He takes care to develop a completely unique surgical plan for each patient, evaluating her measurements carefully in order to create results that complement her natural curves.
- Enhanced confidence and body image: Of course, breast augmentation also creates the intangible benefit of a major boost in confidence. Recent studies indicate that women who have undergone breast augmentation experience noticeable boosts in their sexual enjoyment, self-esteem, and overall well-being.
Dr. Duplechain's Breast Augmentation Results*View More Cases
*Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Dr. Duplechain Explains Your Breast Augmentation
Planning Your Procedure
Breast augmentation is a highly personal procedure, and it's important that you pursue the surgery for your own satisfaction, not to meet the demands of somebody else. During your consultation, we discuss your desired outcome in detail. I ask you questions about your lifestyle and also examine your breasts to help you decide which surgical options are best for you.
I like to meet with patients more than once prior to their breast augmentations in order to refine the details of surgery. During these pre-op appointments, you have the opportunity to "try on" various implant sizers under a shirt to better envision your potential outcomes. We also review the best ways you can prepare for surgery, as well as what you can expect in the days, weeks, and months following your procedure.
To perform your fat transfer breast augmentation, I use a modified liposuction technique to remove fat from areas of the body such as the midsection, flanks, or thighs. The removed fat is harvested and purified before being injected into the breasts. Fat transfer breast augmentation has now received FDA approval and can be performed through a very small incision (about 3 millimeters) in the breast fold. A sports bra is worn for a couple of weeks, and then a normal undergarment can be worn. Once the fat has "taken," meaning that it has integrated with the natural breast tissue, you can enjoy your newly enhanced breasts.
In addition to the option to use their own fat, my breast augmentation patients may choose breast implants to increase the size and shape of their breasts. Although this method requires incisions on the breasts, breast implants can help to increase breast size and shape beyond that of a fat transfer procedure. I offer both saline and silicone implants, the 2 materials that are approved by the FDA in the U.S.:
- Saline implants contain a sterile saltwater solution within a durable silicone shell. Saline implants typically require smaller incisions because they're inserted into the body empty and filled once in place. Some patients prefer saline implants because they're slightly less expensive than silicone.
- Silicone implants are filled with a cohesive silicone gel with a texture that's similar to gummy bear candy. Silicone implants are durable and, although rupture is unlikely, they will hold their shape in case of breakage. Many doctors and patients alike believe silicone implants feel and look more natural than saline.
The incisions I use during breast augmentation surgery depend on the type of implant you choose and your existing anatomy. The most common incision option is called the inframammary incision, which accesses the breast tissue through the crease beneath the breast. Other options include the periareolar incision, which traces along the lower edge of the areola, and the transaxillary incision, which is made in the armpit. We'll discuss your incision options in greater detail during your pre-op appointments.
View Before & After Photos
Recovery & Results
While a breast enhancement with fat transfer can achieve noticeable enhancement, it is important to understand that this method will not achieve the same results as breast augmentation using implants. Fat transfer patients often report that they enjoy the subtle, natural results it provides.
After your procedure, you'll need to wear a compression garment on the areas from which fat was harvested until they heal (typically 1 to 2 weeks). Also, a special bra must be worn for several weeks following either type of breast augmentation. Patients are provided detailed instructions for aftercare, and my staff and I are always available to answer questions that arise during recovery. After breast augmentation with fat transfer or implants, patients attain fuller, more shapely breasts and more balanced body contours.
Learn why breast augmentation patients come from New Orleans, Alexandria, and other Louisiana cities to consult with Dr. Duplechain. Request your consultation today.